- What makes a good essay?
- Keywords and essay titles
- Getting started - Brainstorming
- An example of a brainstorming session
- From brainstorming to planning
- Writing a first draft
- Writer's block - and how to beat it
- Revising and writing a second draft
- Proof reading
- Samples of essays
Writing essays is important to nearly all students. In one
form or another, writing essays is what you get most of your marks
for. Because of that, writing essays is stressful.This section of
the site is about how to make writing your essays less stressful and
more successful. It takes you through the process of writing an essay
- from starting with a title to getting the essay back from your tutor.
It's a step-by-step approach. Writing an essay isn't one task - it's
several, and you can improve your next essay by treating it in a step-by-step
way. This breaks the whole process down into several parts, and makes
it all easier to do.